Don your finest tweed, ladies and gents, shine up your beautiful classic bicycles, pack up a picnic, and join us! We will be meeting at historic Chapman and Lownsdale Squares for a tea social. We’ll depart at 3 pm, riding a leisurely route of 10ish miles (with a stop or two in the middle for picnicing) before ending at a mystery end stop to be revealed soon. There will be prizes and fun! Get ready!
As we prepare for this year’s Tweed Ride, it’s always fun and inspirational to look to the past. And we don’t have to look back that far! Check out this report of the 2015 ride from the Oregonian, the Beaver State’s newspaper of note.
To aid in your timely arrival for this year’s Tweed Ride we’d like to provide you with a checklist of items every proper lady and gent ought to bring:
- Your dapper self in your finest Tweed
- Picnic snacks to enjoy before, during and after the ride
- A drinking vessel, preferably of the tea cup variety
- Your most period-appropriate bicycle
- Lawn games and other items with which to amuse yourself during our mid-ride stop
- Cash with which you should tip the band and buy posters to support the ride
This year the Tweed Ride is awarding prizes for three categories:
Ride and dress your finest and you might pedal home with some fine new locally-made items!
Abraham Fixes Bikes will be providing ride support. Be sure to check your vintage bike before you ride, but if you experience a flat or another minor inconvenience during the ride this year, Abraham will be there to help!
Three for Silver will be serenading us at the after party.
Please support these local businesses and organizations as much as possible so that they may continue to do great things in the future.