Hello out-of-town lovers of Tweed! We know a few of you are going to be making the trek from points unknown to enjoy our humble Tweed Ride.
Here’s a handy guide for lodging options. Please note that this is for information purposes only, these are not necessarily endorsements.
- If you are taking the train from either Eugene or parts southern; or from Seattle/parts northern; you may find it convenient to stay in the Pearl District http://explorethepearl.com/; in which case we can recommend Canopy By Hiltonhttps://canopy3.hilton.com/en/hotels/oregon/canopy-by-hilton-portland-pearl-district-PDXPEPY/index.html or Hampton Inn and Suites (also Hilton) https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/oregon/hampton-inn-and-suites-portland-pearl-district-PDXPDHX/index.html .
- You could also ride east over the Broadway Bridge after alighting in Portland and you will find the Lloyd District https://www.travelportland.com/collection/lloyd-district/ area hotels such as Hotel Eastlund https://hoteleastlund.com/ , Crowne Plaza https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/portland/pdxne/hoteldetail , and Courtyard by Marriott https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pdxcl-courtyard-portland-downtown-convention-center/ . The next day a quick jump on the Yellow Line will bring you very close to the start point (detrain at the Overlook Park MAX stop). https://trimet.org/ride/m/planner_form.html
- AirBnB https://www.airbnb.com/ is also very popular, as well as the many downtown hotels you may find on Expedia.com and similar sites.
- On a budget? Consider staying at one of our Hostelling International Hostels, the HI-Portland Hawthorne or HI-Portland Northwest.
- Finally, for those wanting a bit more luxe vintage experience, a vintage bed-and-breakfast may be the thing. Portland’s White House https://www.portlandswhitehouse.com/ is recommended.
FYI: The Transit app is even more helpful than TriMet’s own site, in our opinion for checking arrival and departure times for Portland’s light rail and bus lines (both of which allow bikes). https://transitapp.com/