Hello friends! We are in the week leading to the event! Join us this Saturday April 6th, 10 AM, at Overlook Park for a lovely day of Tweediness! We depart promptly at 11 AM for a nice 10 mile ride ending at the Lucky Lab North Taproom (1700 N Killingsworth). Enjoy food and drink at the pub (you pay) whilst being entertained by the sounds of Lumberjack!
A few items of business:
- This ride is rain or shine. Right now the long range forecast is calling for a chance of rain, high 57F/14C. Tweed is made for this type of weather!
- We’ll have a tea break somewhere in the middle (at a COVERED) location. We may or may not have hot water available, so it is best to bring your own setup. This can be a kettle and camping stove, hot water in a thermos, or already brewed tea. Remember the tea and all the fixings!
- We encourage folks to ride or take public transit to Overlook Park, as there is limited parking. Thankfully, the MAX Yellow Line stops right at the park (station: Overlook Park.) Lucky Lab is about a mile from Overlook Park, and is also two blocks from the MAX Yellow Line (station: North Killingsworth.) So you can get to and from the ride via light rail!
- Here is the rough outline of the ride. Please note: We reserve the right to change this route.
- And of course, look your best! If you are in the need of some fresh duds (or need to offload some of your own), please come to the Tweed Swap this Wednesday, April 3rd. It’ll be from 6:30-8 PM at 2400 NE Holliday St.